Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Christy Walton's death stuns Rim Country



By Patti Keyworth
Gazette Consort

An inspiration to countless, a dedicated advocate for abused children and Alzheimer’s patients, a cherished friend, a loving  mother, a devoted wife, Payson's and Mesa del Caballo's Christy Walton passed away suddenly on Saturday, October 13, 2012, in El Paso, Texas, where she was visiting her mother and father. She suffered a severe stroke.

Christy touched so many different lives for so many different reasons, and all are deeply saddened by her loss.  For me, her amazing spirit will continue on the gym floor, as those of us in her Zumba family struggle to carry on without her, but for her.  Christy would want that.

For those of you who may not use Facebook, I would like to share some of the heartfelt sentiments from Christy’s friends and colleagues that have been posted over the last couple of days.  -- Patti Keyworth
~~~~~~
Christy, I can't imagine Monday and Wednesday nights nor Saturday mornings without our visionary. You brought a joy to my life that will never be duplicated. Jim and I raised a glass to the stars tonight that now include the brightest of them all. You will not be forgotten.
~~~~~~
I feel like if I post something about my amazing friend Christy Walton... it will be real! She passed away suddenly and shockingly!!! Because of Christy... we laughed... we sang... we danced... we sweated... 5 days a week for the past 5 years!!! She saved my health... strengthened my heart... removed my stress... and was an amazing friend!!! I love her and I love her family!!! What am I going to do without her??? We are a Zumba family because of her... and always will be!!!!!!!
~~~~~~
Over the last few years you have become one of my closest friends. I cannot say how much I will miss you. I am so thankful for the time that we had to be friends. And I will do my best to help carry on your "Zumba Legacy" here in Payson. However, it will not be the same without you. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
~~~~~~
Just last night I spoke on the phone with my dear friend Christy Fourzan Walton. Today, she unexpectedly passed away. My thoughts are with her husband and sons, and with her family whom she was visiting in El Paso. Christy was passionate about Zumba and inspired so many who filled her classes. She had many talents and was a gifted forensic interviewer and great communicator who advocated for children. Christy will be sorely missed by the Payson community. This has been a shocking and painful day filled with tears. I will miss your humor, our frequent talks, and LML's. You are in my heart dear Christy and I will keep on talking to you.
~~~~~~
My prayers and condolences to Gary and sons. I worked with Christy for many years at the school and later and always enjoyed her spirit and energy. Payson lost a wonderful woman this week; one who will be greatly missed. Rest in peace my friend.
Over the last few years you have become one of my closest friends. I cannot say how much I will miss you. I am so thankful for the time that we had to be friends. And I will do my best to help carry on your "Zumba Legacy" here in Payson. However, it will not be the same without you.
~~~~~~
Christy: You will always be an inspiration to me as a friend, a mother, and a creative force for good. We are all better for having had you touch our lives. You were always down to earth and now you are an angel.
~~~~~~
Words cannot express the loss that we, our schools and community have suffered today. We love and will miss you dearly!
~~~~~~
Christy... So many wonderful memories come to mind when I think of our dancing and laughing. Always a positive spirit and I will always remember you and appreciate you.
"There's a Zumba party going on in heaven tonight."
 I think this is what Christy would tell us:)
Do it! Dance! You'll feel better :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that Heaven has large studios.....Lord knows we don't need the Angels fighting over a spot in one of her Zumba classes.....
Going to miss you Christy.

James Keyworth said...

Christy and I go back some 16 years - from best friends to political foes over a fire board feud. A few months ago, we sat down and had a long talk during which we both realized the things that we shared were much stronger than any differences. I looked forward to a renewed friendship and can only say that I am a better person for having known her. Love you Christy.

Jim Keyworth
Editor