Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

POETRY

FLY ON YOUR WALL
By Bruce Wales

(Inspired by a blossoming young niece who is just beginning to find herself.)

I'm just a fly on your wall, hmmm.
spying what you do
My, my, you're getting so tall, hmmm.
trying all that is new.

I'm just an eye from afar, hmmm.
catching glimpses of you
My, my, you're going so far, hmmm.
I'd like to be you.

There are so many paths to explore-
a million things to be growing for
layered dimensions are hidden from more
who track only one rut, one single yawn, one crashing boar.

I'm just a word in your head, hmmm
a name from the past
Something mem'ry has said, hmmm
you're glowing so fast.

I'm just a fly on your wall.
I'm just an eye from afar

I'm just a mouse in the corner

I'm just a word in your head

And you are being all of you

while you can be more of you

I'm just a fly on your wall.

hmmm. hmmm. hmmm.

(Poetry contributions are welcome.  Send them to peoplesgazette@gmail.com)

No comments: