Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

POETRY: Watch it, Buster

James Hagen photo by Jim Keyworth
Watch it, Buster(A Sonnet)
By James M. Hagen

I parked out in front at the Senior's Center;
Had things from the car to take in when I entered.
A fairly old woman came out with a bluster,
Looked at me sternly and said, "Watch it, Buster!"
I asked what it meant this stern warning of hers.
She said she was fearful my car door would hit hers.
I calmly assured her that I would be careful,
And there was no reason for her to be fearful.

It all went quite smoothly; I left clothing and books;
The hostess was pleasant, no more dirty looks.
I went on my way wond'ring what could be said
To that little old lady so chock full of dread.
But try as I may I could not even muster
A response that would counter her, "Watch it Buster!"

No comments: