Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Friday, February 12, 2010

RANT & RAVE -- Posted Feb. 12, 2010

Editor’s note: Each week we print a selection of anonymous rants and raves submitted by our readers. Keep them under 250 words, free of profanity and personal attacks, and have at it. You need not sign your submission, which you may e-mail to peoplesgazette@gmail.com or mail to Gazette Editor, 7736 N. Toya Vista Road, Payson, AZ 85541. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the Gazette staff.


And don’t forget to visit BY THE PEOPLE. Just click on the right. You can leave your comments on any subject there as well.

Twice in one week I attended what I thought would be a fun event coordinated by a local non-profit organization. Instead I got lobbied and arm twisted on how to vote. The Library Friends Meeting and the latest Tonto Community Concert are the two specific activities that I am referring to, but there are probably others. Specifically when attending the concert, I had hoped for a fun night of entertainment that I could enjoy with my friends. Instead I was lobbied before the concert to vote a certain way on a measure coming before us. Then at intermission, I was approached by a well meaning but politically biased person trying to arm twist me to vote they way they thought I should. When I attempted to discuss why I might not agree, the person become intimidating and insulting. So much so that the rest of the concert was no longer fun. Interesting, the IRS code that allows for organizations to be non-profits and therefore not pay taxes, requires that the organization not participate in political activities. Seems like our non-profits are forgetting these rules. Also the non-profits should understand that their contributors do not all have the same mind. So why get into these types of discussions and presentations at all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are the Tea Party protestors? I thought Tea Party organizations were opposed to increasing taxes and were for fiscal responsibility. I expected to see them fighting the increased taxes being proposed by our local school board. The school override is nothing but a tax increase. At $11 per $100,000 of assessed value on our property it could be a big tax increase over many years. I have not heard a peep from the local Tea Party folks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Tea Party convention, those clowns showed their true racist colors. They like to say their organization is all-inclusive. I say they have a very rigorous litmus test for membership – an IQ under 50.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the time I first came to Payson 11 years ago, this town has talked about wanting a Community Center with facilities for children, adults and seniors. What a great opportunity the city of Payson has with the Foxworth property up for sale/lease. Wouldn't this property make a great Community Center! The building is already built, there is ample area for parking and the construction workers who have been denied jobs due to the economy are available to do the renovation. So okay I understand this takes money...what a good way to "stimulate" the town. Is there "stimulus" money; are there grants available; is there anyone in this city's government who has the imagination to see how this might be possible?

~~~~~~~~~

While pondering the thought of who to vote for in the Star Valley town council race, I found myself reflecting on what a wise man once told me – “The value of a leader is directly proportional to that leader's values." I truly hope that the residents of Star Valley will use some common sense while casting their votes! The fact that NONE of the three incumbents had the time or courage to show up and face the public and their opponents in a fair and balanced candidates debate is both irresponsible and cowardly. I think it's time for some new faces on our council with fresh ideas. I will not cast my vote for any of the incumbents. Shame on them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laissez Fair= Jesus, you crazy people! Get it, or go to one of them there Cubas or North Koreas! With their Big daddy, take care of you, mamby pamby, get-a-free-education and free-health-care STATES. I like our American capitalistic dreadnaught! Stay here—Die here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm thinking about having sex with a mortal, letting my half-God son live into middle age, and then torturing him to death to save the rest of you. You just have to ask his ghost into one of your internal organs. Sound like a reasonable idea?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So a lot of cities and towns are cutting back on the number of cops because of the economy. Considering how many Bozos in Arizona own guns and huge stashes of ammo, this shouldn’t be a problem. Now those trigger-happy idiots have an excuse to break out the heavy artillery. All for self defense, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happened to see a Gila County Sheriff’s deputy in my community the other day, and I can tell you that outfit still holds top honors in the nation for fattest deputies. Don’t tell me with all the people looking for jobs we can’t hire some deputies who are in shape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why would somebody pay 36 cents an issue or whatever the Roundup is offering in those front page stickers for a biased account of reality. They should PAY YOU to read their house organ and the Payson Town Council can reimburse them. Just lay off a few more town employees to pay for it.  Who needs good streets when we aren't living in the real world anyway?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blacks, minorities, women, young people and all the other disenfranchised citizens of this great country better rally around President Obama because the fat old white guys are trying to bring him down by spewing untruths. And if they do, who will be our next president. Rush Limbaugh? Sarah Palin? Surely the greatest nation on earth hasn’t reached this level of depravity and incompetence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hows about we support a Constitutional amendment for a "war tax?" Three percent on everything. That way, these ignorant, arm chair chiefs-of-staff will have something at stake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have yet another example of the Republican Party being the party of “me” and “no” – Republican Gov. Jan Brewer has pulled the state of Arizona out of the multistate western climate coalition.  To hell with the planet.  To hell with our grandchildren.  Shame on her. Shame on the Republican party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Headache: 7 days. Behind my right ear. Super bad when sleeping. Something to do with my neck. V.A (Show Low) will be happy to schedule an appointment (90 miles away) on the 22nd. "Yea, tax free medical savings accounts; that'll fix it—that and tort reform. Republicans have common sense solutions.” Yippie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could go to the Payson VA clinic.

However the head nurse will probably run you off just like she has to many of us vietnam vets.