Join us at our brand new blog - Blue Country Gazette - created for those who think "BLUE." Go to www.bluecountrygazette.blogspot.com

YOUR SOURCE FOR TRUTH

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

POETRY: Atomic Epiphany

Atomic Epiphany
By Noble Collins


Isotopes have half-lives in the periodic table.
Does this mean that I am whole,
or half a life,
a fable?

For I am made of atoms, am I not?
It is no theory,
and atoms have their isotopes
that make up me, my Dearie

Just think of all the molecules
that link together nicely,
containing all the isotopes of atoms,
which precisely

form the genes, the cells, the skin,
the hair and eyes, the feet,
the ears and elbows
and the fingers writing this so neat.

A random combination, then
has lately caused me strife.
Your spurning of my love should not be blamed
for my half-life.

No comments: